Re: Booting from the Install CD Problem

Subject: Re: Booting from the Install CD Problem
From: Steve Miller (steve@limits.com)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 01:50:02 MDT

>In what format do you save the file (ISO-9660?)? What do you name the
>disk, or does that matter? And, what do you name the disk image? I did
>try saving it as ISO-9660, on a disk named "untitled", with a file name
>of ydl-cs1.2-install.iso It doesn't boot....
>
>Thanks! Peter

Maybe I use drag and drop too much :), but I hit the binary button in
fetch and dragged the ydl-cs-1.2-install.img file from fetch to the
desktop, and let it download. When I downloaded the image, it just
showed up as a generic binary file named ydl-cs-1.2-install.img.
Then when I went to burn it to the cd, I just selected Disk Image
(NOT ISO 9660) from the Format menu in Toast and then dragged the
image from the desktop to the data box. Then I just hit Write CD.
The cd will be named whatever the master cd used to make the image
was named, you don't need to worry about it. (It should end up being
YellowDog_Install)

Hope that helps,

Steve