Re: Newbie installation questions...

Subject: Re: Newbie installation questions...
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 13:59:10 MDT

Just make them the right size - the ydl install will set the type.
Alternatively, some versions of Drive Setup allow you to set the
partition type to A/UX or something similar. Also, you need to
carefully follow the steps in the ydl manual wrt rebooting after setting
up the partitions - many threads on this list about strange things that
happen if you don't.

YDL boot procedure with BootX is that MacOS starts to boot, then BootX
puts up a panel which you use to select YDL or (continue to) boot MacOS.
 Unlike Intel-based boxes you do not set a partition as bootable, of
which only one per disk can be so designated.

BootX/yaBoot will handle booting linux from the "other" partition - I've
never tried booting from different MacOS partitions on the same physical
disk, but I suppose you could set your desired boot disk via the
"Startup Disk" control panel...

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- Emily Dickinson