Re: Booting from the Install CD Problem

Subject: Re: Booting from the Install CD Problem
From: Hiroto Sawane (hirotos@swanstudio.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 08:09:08 MDT

on 5/31/00 0:48, Steve Miller at steve@limits.com wrote:

> Are you referring to the burner or the software? If you are talking
> software, I haven't used Discribe so I can't help you any there, but
> I think Toast 4.0.2 won't let you burn disk images for whatever
> reason, but 4.0 will. I ran into that problem the other day when I
> was trying to burn some Debian images.
>
> Steve
>

>> I can give that another try. My disk burner (Discribe by Sony) doesn't
>> allow me to open the ydl-cs1.2-install.iso when I select 'disk image.'
>> For that matter, it doesn't even let me select a disk image I made w/
>> the mac disk copy program. And, naturally, the burner's manual says
>> nothing about the disk image option. There must be some trick to it....
>>
>> Thanks, Peter

Try Toast 4.1 update. There is a new update available that supposedly
fix/improve many things. I had Toast OEM 4.0.2 and I had a few glitches but
4.1 update corrected all of them. Maybe the same update will help you as
well.

By the way, I wouldn't spend more time fiddling with SONY Discribe software.
I have used it and it is THE least intuitive software I have ever used, with
many functional flaws. Just my honest opinion solely based on my personal
experience...... ;-)