Manual Updates

Subject: Manual Updates
From: David Peers (dpeers@pittstate.edu)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 10:51:21 MDT

I was wondering if any of the Yellow Dog developers could make some
updates to the YDL install manual. It would save a lot of posting on
this list if we made the following updates:
1. Get rid of the 128mb swap partition limit info on page 5.10 of the
manual. Since this is out of date. Just note that swap should be double
the amount of available RAM
2. Include some more info on using Yaboot instead of BootX if you have
an AGP card.
3. Include some info on how to correctly download and burn a CD since
everyone seems to be having trouble with that. Or just tell people to
cough up the cash and buy the CDs.
4. Fix the 3 button mouse problems and update that info in the installer
manual.
5. Explain how to get sound working. Several posts have been made about
that and the fix is really easy so it might as well be in the manual

Just some thoughts from a relative newbie. This list has been a great
help and CS 1.2 is an excellent package. I really appreciate the time
spent by people on this list to help us all out. I hope YDL continues to
be successful with the development of this software.
Thanks,
Dave Peers