Re: openldap

Subject: Re: openldap
From: Patrick Larkin (plarkin@beth.k12.pa.us)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 14:50:36 MDT

on 5/31/00 4:37 PM, Rich Lafferty at rich@alcor.concordia.ca wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 04:32:55PM -0400, Patrick Larkin
> (plarkin@beth.k12.pa.us) wrote:
>>
>> Why does OpenLDAP not run under YDL?
>>
>> Specifically, the test make fails every time.
>
> That's not specific at all! :-)
>
> We'll collectively be able to help you much more if you give some
> description of the manner in which it fails.
>
> -Rich

Installing OpenLDAP, the steps are configure, make depend, and then switch
to the 'tests' directory and run make there before 'make install.' The
'tests' make fails every time:

Initiating LDAP tests...
running defines.sh . ldbm
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
ldif2ldbm failed!

My general question is has ANYONE gotten OpenLDAP to run under YDL using the
basic configuration or is there some funky options to set. (BTW, I've
replicated this same error on TWO imacs (an A and a C) running YDL.

--
Patrick Larkin
Network Automation