Naughty NIC in 6360

Subject: Naughty NIC in 6360
From: Paul Nishikawa (paulnish@mac.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 17:42:28 MDT

Hello,

I have a 6360 (64MB/4GB) with YDL 1.2.1 installed. I'm trying to get a
Macall 10/100 card to work, but I can't seem to get Linux to see the card.
I've heard that getting PCI cards recognized with 6360s is impossible, but I
also read past messages that 2 people have gotten their 6360s to work with
their NIC. I've already tried installing Don Becker's rtl8139 module (that's
what kind of card it is) and recompiling the kernel with support for the
card. Neither helps. For what it's worth, on installing, even if I supply
the name of the card, the installer can't find the NIC...

Help?

Paul Nishikawa