RS/60000 7025 F50 Intermittent reboot problem

Subject: RS/60000 7025 F50 Intermittent reboot problem
From: Steve kurlin (skurlin@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 05:57:24 MDT

Can any one assist.

I have been trying to install Yellow Dog Linux on a

IBM 7025 F50
DUAL 166MHZ Processors
512 MB Memory
1 x IBM SCSI DISK 4.5 GIG
1 x GXT 120P Graphics Adapter

I originally tried to boot with the zImage from dburcaw. Located within
the Yellow dog linux pages. (I had no succes)..... Error message while
reading that file from diskette was " Could not open deblocker"

I tried with the zImage from the "/install/chrp" directory on the Install
CD of Champion server 1.2 (SUCCESS)

I have installed Linux completely and when it is running it runs like a rocket.
Unfortunately it is not stable and reboot very intermittently. This machine
passes all IBM Diags and Runs AIX with absolutely no problems at all.

The same copy of this Linux has installed fine on the following machine and
seems to run flawless

7248 439 140
Single Processor
128 MB Memory