YDL 2.0 questions...

Subject: YDL 2.0 questions...
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 09:49:18 MDT

This question is directed to the Terrasoft gang, I'm posting it here
because I'm sure there are a number of people who are probably curious.

 There hasn't been any mention wether the 2.4.x kernel in the upcomming
release is considered stable or not. In the past, there was a 'this kernel
is experimental' disclaimer, but there seem to be a lot of people using it
and consider it somewhat stable (I noticed that BenH has a .stable
version). Will there be a 2.4.x kernel in YDL 2.0 that could be considered
stable enough for a production server?

 The main reason why I'm especially curious about this is that I've got a
couple of Dual processor machines that could really use that extra CPU,
and I noticed that SUSE is shipping their 7.1 release with a 2.4
kernel. This gave me hope that YDL would do the same.

 Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release... my credit card is feeling
restless... :-)

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada