Re: quik on Umax C500

Subject: Re: quik on Umax C500
From: Ben Jansen (bmerlin@mac.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 19:13:32 MDT

Hello again,

Thanks for the response, however, since I avoid using rpm like the
plague, my current rpm (v3) wouldn't install the package. Upgrading to 4
has been hell and now that I got it to install it complains that:

cannot open Packages database in /var/local/lib/rpm

when I try to `rpm -i quik-2.0-1j.ppc.rpm`

I've run `rpm --initdb` and `rpm --rebuilddb` (the second errors because
it can't open the Packages index), to no avail.

Is there somewhere I can find the source or binary version of quik in
non-rpm format? Or is there some way to force rpm into submission?

Thanks again,
        Ben