Re: kernel panic: no init found

Subject: Re: kernel panic: no init found
From: Matthew 'Fringe' Duhan (fringe@shore.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 00:01:05 MDT

On Sat, 12 May 2001, David C. Hacker, DVM wrote:
>I just installed Yellow Dog Linux and when I tried to boot it up I got the
>message
>kernel panic: no init found
>Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? Or should I just reinstall it?
>Thanks

Did you change the boot location in lilo.conf from /dev/cdrom to the hard
drive (/dev/sda5 or whichever partition)?

Matthew Duhan fringe@shore.net http://www.shore.net/~fringe
When I want my opinions I'll ask me for them.
WWW, HTML, VR, MOO, HRSFA, TMBG, DNA--any more initials and I'll go insane
No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service