Re: Problem with Linux/MacOS Printing - Please help

Subject: Re: Problem with Linux/MacOS Printing - Please help
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 07:20:57 MDT

Andrei,

I have a Phaser 740 running via linux. I configured my desktop Mac (OS 9.1)
so that it views the linux box as a spooler. I use the lprng package and
the following /etc/printcap:

lp:lp=lp@myhost
lp:server
        :lpd_bounce
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp
        :lp=/dev/null
        :mx#0
        :...
        :ifhp=model=phaser,dev=phaser%9100,ps_eoj_at_start@,end_ctrl_t@
        :filter=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp

I'm afraid I cannot provide you with a more detailed reply (my real job is
getting in the way) but I hope this helps.

  Iain