Booting CD from external SCSI CD-ROM

Subject: Booting CD from external SCSI CD-ROM
From: Ben Ricker (bricker@wellinx.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 08:39:59 MDT

My internal CD-Rom has given up the ghost and I am trying to boot the
Yellow Dog CD-Rom from an external CD-ROM. I can get the kernel to boot
but and the installer to execute. However, in the installation process,
it asks where I want to install from. I choose 'Local CD-ROM' and it
tries to check my internal CD-ROM which does not work.

Does anyone know how to force it to look at the external CD-ROM? I tried
some kernel arguments, but the attempt was weak and unsuccessful.

Ben Ricker