Re: Icecast

Subject: Re: Icecast
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 14:03:10 MDT

Murias,

I have icecast running on my (basically) YDL server. You should have no
problems with icecast, other than figuring out the configuration!

The clients are a bit variable. Shout and ices would not work for me. I am
currently using Obsequiem (obs.freeamp.org). You will need the patched
libshout available from that web site. You may also need to get the latest
code from cvs. The version I downloaded as a tarball had a silly bug in it
which is not present in the CVS version.

Icecast + obs makes a good MP3 jukebox and works happily with Linux clients
and iTunes.

  Iain