Re: netatalk help

Subject: Re: netatalk help
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 15:30:10 MDT

Have you been here?
http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/links.php

PS are you running netatalk 1.5? I'm just getting this going myself (on my
redhat box - will try the YDL box after 2.0 gets here)

Is your Stylewriter networked?

On 5/19/01 at 4:03 PM, sdenney@cise.ufl.edu (Sean O. Denney) wrote:

> I've searched high and low for some kind of documentation explaining
> how to set afpd and papd up, but nothing. I even tried the umich
> netatalk pages, but nothing.
>
> So, I got afpd working and I am able to share user directories on my
> G4 running MacOS 9.1-- which is great.
>
> Now I am trying to get my G4 to print via papd (on my YDL box) to my
> StyleWriter 2400. I have looked at the papd man pages and the papd
> config files, but they're useless (or I'm just too tired).
>
> Anyway, I would really appreciate any help with this situation
> or locating some documentation explaining how to set this up.
>
> **********
>
> My setup is as follows:
>
> Ethernet DSL modem
> --- dynamic IP addressing
> Linksys Etherfast 4-port DSL Router
> --- DHCP IP addressing
> ------ 192.168.1.103 is my YDL box
> ------ 192.168.1.101 is my MacOS box
> PMac 6400/200 running YDL CS 1.2.1
> PMac G4/450MP running MacOS 9.1

> Thanks in advance
> --- Sean Denney

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."