Re: Getting console mouse services to start up with /dev/input/mice

Subject: Re: Getting console mouse services to start up with /dev/input/mice
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 04:49:29 MDT

On Friday 18 May 2001 22:54, you wrote:
> I installed kernel 2.4.2 and got my sound and usb printing to work. I can
> get X windows to work fine if I go in at runlevel 3 and type the command
> gpm -m /dev/input/mice. Then startx. But if I log in at runlevel 5 it
> won't work right. How do I change the default start up for gpm to
> /dev/input/mice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm running the beta of YDL 2.0 and I use:

gpm -t ps2 /dev/input/mice

the line is in /etc/sysconfig/mouse

cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse

MOUSETYPE="imps2"
XMOUSETYPE="IMPS/2"
FULLNAME="Universal Serial Bus 3+ Button Mouse (USB)"
XEMU3=no
gpm -t ps2 /dev/input/mice

running /etc/sysconfig/mouse is the first thing done by
 /etc/rc.d/init.d/gpm
which in turn should be started as part of run level 5.
Is it?