Re: Video and Power Macintosh 8600/300

Subject: Re: Video and Power Macintosh 8600/300
From: Sean Riley (sean@therileys.org)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 11:17:03 MDT

Make sure you look up proper monitor settings: http://www.monitorworld.com

Then in XF86Config, edit the file to set your XF86Config file to ensure that
your mode statement matches one your monitor supports, and set the color
depth to 15 not 16 (I don't know why) and that should work. Here is my
section (it may be different because I have XFree86 4.01)

   Section "Screen"
    Driver "fbdev"
    Device "control"
    Monitor "My Monitor"