Internet Explorer hangs while downloading

Subject: Internet Explorer hangs while downloading
From: Vanja Bucic (vanjab@UDel.Edu)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 19:56:24 MDT

I am pretty positive that somebody mentioned this before, but I couldn't
find it.

When I am downloading a file using IE, IE starts using 100% CPU time (busy
loop I suspect - pathetic) and completely stops responding (rainbow cursor)
  until download is complete. I am able to get glimpses of response every
20 seconds or so, but only for a half a second or less.

(right now I am downloading a 110M file, and IE is as good as dead, while
monopolizing the CPU)

Anybody else noticing this?

(I do have OmniWeb, but its enormous memory footprint and slowness does
not seem attractive, iCab although good under OS9 i crashing too often
under X)

Thanks.