Yellow Dog Linux links broken in /usr/doc/HTML/index.html

Subject: Yellow Dog Linux links broken in /usr/doc/HTML/index.html
From: Bill Fink (billfink@capu.net)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 22:07:41 MDT

This is a relatively minor problem, but I thought I should report
that the Yellow Dog Linux links in the file:/usr/doc/HTML/index.html
page are broken. I had been using this as my netscape/mozilla
startup page (I think it is or once was the default startup page
for netscape). This all worked fine until this past weekend, but
now when I click on one of the YDL links, I get a URL not found
error. This appears to be because the extension on the URL has
changed from .html to .shtml. Perhaps a new version of the indexhtml
package, which contains the /usr/doc/HTML/index.html file, should be
created, or links made from the old .html pages (or files) to the new
.shtml pages (or files). As I said at the beginning, it's not a
particularly serious problem, and I have some fairly easy workarounds.

                                                -Bill