PS/2 to ADB Adapter

Subject: PS/2 to ADB Adapter
From: Timothy Morgenthaler (tamorgen@aol.net)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 06:53:19 MDT

I've been looking for a solution for finding a 3-button ADB mouse for a
while, and I've come up with 2 lousy alternatives. The first is use a
2-button ADB mouse, and then emulate it for 3 buttons, by holding both
buttons. It's a fair solution, but not great. The second solution is
use a trackball, which there are many ADB of, and they usually have 4
buttons. I'm really not keen on trackballs, so this isn't a great
alternative either. I was about to give up and simply buy the two
button mouse, when I came across another alternative, which might work.
It's a PS/2 to ADB adapter, which would allow me to plug a PS/2 mouse
into the adapter, and then plug the adapter into the ADB port on my Mac
keyboard. Does anybody see any reason that this wouldn't work? The
software that is included is of course for the MacOS, but I'm thinking
this is only for emulating the extra buttons that the Mac doesn't know
what to do with. Any thoughts from anybody out there in Yellowdogland?
Thanks.