Monitor bitdepth and position with YDL 2

Subject: Monitor bitdepth and position with YDL 2
From: Donn (donntarris@home.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 16:43:39 MDT

When I was installing version 1.2 of YDL, I had a problem with the
monitor settings using 2.2.18xxx kernel. When I switched back to the
2.2.17xxx kernel, an automatic setup procedure for X came up that
provided a setting that enabled my monitor, an LG Studioworks 775N with
the ATI video card that was stock in the 9500/132, to work perfectly.
The same problem I had with 2.2.18xxx is now happening with the
2.2.19xxx that comes as the default for YDL 2. As there was a change in
2.2.18 and beyond for controlling peripherals, I already knew something
may go awry - and it has.
The resolution is alright as far as pixel count, i.e. 1024 x 768, but I
can only get 8 bit colour instead of 15 bit, and the image is shifted to
the right slightly, although during the KDE startup, the flashing
portion of the pixels seems to be in the correct position, i.e. not
aligned with the image/icon under it.

Anyone who has any ideas could please offer some direction? Thank you!
Sincerely,
Donn Tarris
Maple Ridge BC