Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????

Subject: Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terrasoftsolutions.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 01:00:18 MDT

YUPs capability to upgrade 1.2.1 to 2.0 is fairly limited.
This is a major upgrade.

In general, a yup upgrade should work, with the following exceptions...

xinetd, for instance, obsoletes inetd. We don't think yup will
be able to handle this.

So the answer is, we're not support upgrades.
However, we'll be testing this sometime soon (now that
we have the release out the sdoor, we can test and document some of these
side issues.

It was our hope to be able to provide a 1.2.1 -> 2.0 upgrade path, but
we don't have a solution yet. We just needed to get 2.0 out the door...

More on this later...