RE: Re: Getting the new release - or: Adventure in computer stores

Subject: RE: Re: Getting the new release - or: Adventure in computer stores
From: Ruprecht, Chris (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 06:57:44 MDT

Point taken. It's just so frustrating to have to deal with this level of
incompetence. If I go to a computer store, I expect to get the answers
to my questions but it seems like the employees there have almost no
knowledge of the products they are selling. Sure, I can understand that
Windows people have no knowledge of Macs and vice versa, but a Windows
person should have knowledge of Windows ...etc.
However, it seems like, they have no knowledge of any of the software
products they are selling, because until a week ago, they were working
in a grocery shop and selling computer stuff is not much different from
that, right?

Occasional, though, there are people who know their stuff, but you have
to find them, first :).

Best regards,
Chris