Re: Jumping Thru the Hoops

Subject: Re: Jumping Thru the Hoops
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 11:57:49 MST

kinda late but o well

> For yaboot.conf:
>
> default = linux
>
> image = hd:9,\\\\vmlinux
> label = linux
>
> And for OF,
>
> setenv boot-device hd:9,\\bootscript

excellent! i got there also, after trial and reboot. =]

> So, the good news is I finally got the syntax right. The bad news is, on
> reboot, I got "kernel panic kernel access of bad area pc c 002964 lr
> c00za91c address 0 tsk ohci-contgrol/7". I considerfed re-installing YDL
> and rebooted to the Install CD and got the same error message!!! Since
> it was late, I shutdown and hit the sack. This morning, I booted to
> Linux and got in just fine.

good attitude. (Would the manuals dare give this advice? "If things go
really wrong, just turn it off and get a good night's sleep. The linux
fairy will take care of everything in the middle of the night.")

I second your suggestions for improving the manual's syntax. . . .

> kum: failure during initialisation:aborting.
> Waiting for xserver rto shut down server aborting
>
> So, some new challenges! Any ideas?

Hm. . . . Did you run Xconfigurator (as root) before you ran startx.
How is your /etc/X11/XF86Config file looking. Er, I don't know much
more than that. . . .

peace out

philippe