Re: problems with new iBook

Subject: Re: problems with new iBook
From: Jeremy Hansen (jeremy@xxedgexx.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 21:08:26 MST

> You cant use BootX on the latest iBooks... hrm... what else... CS 1.2 will
> need a new kernel. Uh... CS 1.2.1 should allow you to install... On mine
> console video was messed up unless you boot MacOS before Linux... the latest
> kernels fix that.. >= 2.2.17pre20-ben3

Ok, so I'm trying to use BootX instead. Which one of your kernels should
I try? The 2.4pre's? Also, does modules replace the ramdisk image? Does
System map just go in the System Folder? I see no System map needed from
the YDL cd.

Problem, when I click on Linux in BootX, the iBook actually just turns
itself off or the screen goes black. Even with Video Support unchecked, I
get the same results.

Thanks
-jeremy

--
We ARE as gods and might as well get good at it.
		-- Whole Earth Catalog