"Yup" I need help

Subject: "Yup" I need help
From: Nixon Morada (nixonm@nethere.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 11:03:55 MST

I have several questions:

1) I am trying to upgrade various packages with Yup and have had success
before. But recently when I try to use Yup all I get is this message
after the sanity check that says :
Error: Unable to satisfy depency libgimp.so.1 for package xmorph

I was not even trying to upgrade xmorph. I get this error with every
package name I use. I checked and libgimp.so.1 does not exist on my
computer and I have not been able to find a copy. And I tried to run
xmorph and it wouldn't run, but I was able to make it run when I made a
symbolic link called libgimp.so.1 to another libgimp.so.* But I still
get the error on Yup. Any ideas? I am running the latest yup installed
from sources.

2) I finally got my computer to the point that it doesn't complain that
the DNS is too slow or not responding but now I am getting this message
saying the hostname "Unix" cannot be resolved when I start programs from
the command line. The programs still run but I don't know if this might
have something to do with my gnome problem.

3) My Gnome problem is this. I launch Gnome usually it works for a few
minutes and then a component crashes and I loose all my titlebars drag
bars, maximize, minimize boxed, etc. The programs in the windows are
still working but I can no longer drag the windows around and I cannot
kill any of them or launch new ones. I went to the helix-code website
and upgraded to the latest version but I still have problems.

I have more questions but I think I'll work on them on my own for now.

Nixon