Re: cd player

Subject: Re: cd player
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 02:01:47 MST

Jonathan Bertsch wrote:

> Any advice on getting a cd player to actually play sound on a pismo
> laptep? It plays mp3s great but no sound for cds??

this is a tough one (worked on by linux commandos all over the
yallerdawgin world). AArthur has reported some success using an XMMS
plug-in on an iMac DV, which i think has a similar hardware issue to the
pismo laptop (maybe):

http://www.imaclinux.net/php/imaclinux_g_h.php3?single=18

but I can't get the source to compile. I'm very inexperienced. If
you're a GCC kind of linux user you might give it a shot.

peace

philippe