Re: cd player

Subject: Re: cd player
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 00:09:37 MST

Jonathan Bertsch wrote:

> Any advice on getting a cd player to actually play sound on a pismo
> laptep? It plays mp3s great but no sound for cds??

last I heard the special operations unit over at yallerdog is hard at
work on this. It's possible that you're in the same boat as the rest of
us users of recently-produced macs; the CD is no longer read through an
audio card, but read digitally as data and then converted to sound.
        There's a how-to on getting an XMMS plug-in that can deal with this.
AArthur, who wrote the article, reports that the plug-in is unstable.
philippe tapon, the writer of this article, reports that he couldn't get
the plug-in to compile.

peace

philippe

--