Printing with USB Lexmark Optra E310... please help me!!

Subject: Printing with USB Lexmark Optra E310... please help me!!
From: Andrea Riciputi (ariciputi@pito.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 04:31:20 MST

I'm trying to to setup my Optra E312 to print under PowerPC Linux (YDL CS
1.2 distro). Following the HowTo found at iMacLinux:

<http://www.imaclinux.net/php/imaclinux_g_h.php3?single=29>

I've tried to recompile the kernel v2.2.17 downloaded from
ftp.us.kernel.org and patched with linux-pmac-2.2.17.patch.bz2 downloaded
from Paul's ftp site. The HowTo states:

>Start by following the directions for compiling in the
>USB backport, doing make menuconfig and selecting the
>required USB drivers.
>
>For this printer, you will also need to select the USB
>Printer Support option, when making the kernel
>config.
>
>You want to make this a module -- hit space twice, or
>when (*) becomes a (M), so that you can turn this
>printer on as neccessary. You can make it part of the
>kernel, but that means the printer must be on upon
>boot.

I get no error messages, nor warning during the compile session, but I'm
sure I'm doing something wrong, because when I reboot with the new kernel
the keyboard and the mouse don't work anymore; so I was unable to login
and I have to reset the iMac...

Anyone could help me?? Anyone could suggest me how I have to set the
menuconfig file??

TIA,
Andreaa.

Riciputi Andrea

mailto:ariciputi@iol.it
"On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh.
 And you'll see why 1984 won't be like '1984' "