Re: YDL vs SuSe 7.0 PPC

Subject: Re: YDL vs SuSe 7.0 PPC
cortinas@manassas.nssl.noaa.gov
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 07:24:28 MST

I have a G4 500 MHz DP machine and I went through a similiar analysis
of comparing YDL, SuSe and LinuxPPC and came up with the following
reasons to go with YDL:

(1) Company specializes in running Linux on the Mac, with 6 programmers
dedicated to this effort as opposed to maybe one at SuSE and
1-2 at LinuxPPC;

(2) Some altivec support, unlike SuSE;

(3) Some support for dual-processor Macs;

When I called SuSE support, I wasn't very happy with their response time.