Motif or GNOME? (semi-repost)

Subject: Motif or GNOME? (semi-repost)
From: Bill (minorseventh@mail.earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 10:22:42 MST

Hi, I tried to ask this earlier but got my terminology mixed up and I
don't think my question made sense. I'll try again.

I need to develop an app for analyzing data and graphically (3D)
displaying results, preferrably with C++, X Windows, and OpenGL.

I need to be able to move my development efforts, and the app itself, to
as many platforms as possible as I'll be moving and don't know what kind of
platform will be at my next locale.

Second priority is speed, as it will be extremely computational- and
diskI/O- intensive.

Should I use Motif, or the newer GNOME (or KDE)?

Thanks for your help,
Bill

--Motif or GNOME? (semi-repost)