FrontBase-PHP plus hfs mount

Subject: FrontBase-PHP plus hfs mount
From: Luis Martnez (digit@ctv.es)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 10:48:56 MST

Hi all.
Iīm a newbie to this list and this stuff looking for some help.

I have php running. I have made some test pages and it works (itīs great
when something finally works!).
I want to make (upgrade, reinstall, etc...) PHP work with FrontBase.
In the instructions they say you have to cd (I know how to do it perfectly)
to the php source tree, i.e. the php directory.
I cannot see the php source tree, nor the directory. I tried "find" in a
terminal window, but cannot find anything, and the "locate" command needs
some configuration.
I have one file called php3.ini, and I have moved the fbsql-php-* inside the
directory that contains that file, and untar the FrontBase file.
I have the uncompressed folder with everything, but when I try ./configure,
nothing happens.
I have tried so many different combinations that Iīm wondering if I missed
something.
Iīm thinking of install PHP 4 to get my php directory, but I want first to
make PHP and FrontBase see each other.

And my other problem is...
I have some partitions in my hard disk, one of wich is the linux partition.
When I try to mount the Mac (hfs, not hfs+) via mount -t hfs
/dev/hda8/mnt/HardDisk nothing happens again!
My hfs partition is called HardDisk (itīs the name I assigned to during
formatting, and it appears in the desktop as the hard disk where the system
lies), and I tried some different configurations again, like trying to mount
a folder inside the partition but nothing works.
MacOS 9.0.4 and YDL Linux seem to work (Mac does), Apache is running, php is
working, I have KDE and Gnome working, I donīt have acces to the modem
connection nor the printer (because is a new USB Epson 880), but this two
problems (php-FrontBase and mounting hfs disk partition) are causing me some
problems that are slowing me.
Anybody can show me the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

--
Luis Martínez