Re: FrontBase-PHP plus hfs mount

Subject: Re: FrontBase-PHP plus hfs mount
chris@music.mcgill.ca
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 11:47:35 MST

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Luis Mart[ISO-8859-1] ínez wrote:
>I have some partitions in my hard disk, one of wich is the linux
>partition. When I try to mount the Mac (hfs, not hfs+) via mount -t hfs
>/dev/hda8/mnt/HardDisk nothing happens again! My hfs partition is called
>HardDisk (it´s the name I assigned to during formatting, and it appears
>in the desktop as the hard disk where the system lies)

 I think I know what the problem is here. First off, YDL doesn't need to
know (or use) the names of your partitions in the MacOS. To mount your hfs
partition do the following:

mkdir /mnt/macos

This makes a directory to be the mount point

mount /dev/hda8 /mnt/macos -t hfs

 *note: the spaces are important here. This will mount hfs partition 8 on
your primary IDE drive to the directory /mnt/macos. If you then do the
following:

ls -l /mnt/macos

 you should be able to see the MacOS files on that partition.

 Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris