Re: CDR Software for Linux

Subject: Re: CDR Software for Linux
From: Paul Schinder (schinder@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 19:55:46 MST

At 7:00 PM -0500 11/5/00, Donnell Hughes wrote:
>Ok. I just installed cdrecord. However, the man page only makes
>reference to SCSI CDRs, and I only have access to a USB Sony Spressa.
>Is PPC Linux 2.2.15pre19 and a USB CDR a working combination?

Probably not, and if it's possible at all, you'll probably need one
of the 2.4.0 development kernels. I personally use an SCSI burner,
and cdrecord works very well with that.

>Perhaps
>someone knows of a tutorial or something online that might help.

There's a CD recording HOWTO at the usual sites (or if you've
installed everything, look in /usr/doc). You should also check at
<http://www.linux-usb.org/>.

>Thanks.
>
>Paul Schinder wrote:
>>
>> At 12:05 PM -0500 11/4/00, Donnell Hughes wrote:
>> >Has anyone successfully burned a YDL 1.2.1 distribution from
>>ISO-9660 images
>> >using CD burner software for Linux on the PPC? If so, what application did
>> >you use? Or, is Toast on the Mac side the only game in town?
>>
>> Did you try cdrecord?
>>

>> >Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> --