ANS kernel mismatch-- help

Subject: ANS kernel mismatch-- help
mbartosh@heretic.mabaleb.org
Date: Mon Jan 27 1997 - 13:05:30 MST

I just purchased YDL 1.2.1.

Install files available for the ANS are v. 1.2(kernel 2.2.15); after
following all
install instructions and booting from the vmlinux.coff @ ftp.emji.net, the
machine complains that module net.pf.1 is not present and fails to boot
after fsck'ing the drives and echoing this several thousand times:

Modprobe: cannot find module net-pf-1.

SO a couple of q's-

Are the ANS patches incl in kernel source 2.2.15.whatever used in 1.2.1?

If so how do I make a vmlinux.coff for 1.2.1? (have built X86 kernels many
times)

I also tried ftp-installing 1.1 but I keep getting an ftp err on the
base/comps file. Which is weird because other machines on the same subnet
can dload it just fine.

-mab