Re: ANS kernel mismatch-- help

Subject: Re: ANS kernel mismatch-- help
From: Scott R. Every (scott@emji.net)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 13:27:55 MST

--On Monday, January 27, 1997 2:05 PM -0600 mbartosh@heretic.mabaleb.org
wrote:

> I just purchased YDL 1.2.1.
>
> Install files available for the ANS are v. 1.2(kernel 2.2.15); after
> following all
> install instructions and booting from the vmlinux.coff @ ftp.emji.net, the
> machine complains that module net.pf.1 is not present and fails to boot
> after fsck'ing the drives and echoing this several thousand times:
>
> Modprobe: cannot find module net-pf-1.
>
> SO a couple of q's-
>
> Are the ANS patches incl in kernel source 2.2.15.whatever used in 1.2.1?

if you got the kernel from my site, yes. otherwise no.
ftp://ftp.emji.net//pub/ans/

> If so how do I make a vmlinux.coff for 1.2.1? (have built X86 kernels many
> times)

make the kernel then look in ppc/coffboot
i believe vmlinux.coff is made automatically. put it on a boot disk to use.

> I also tried ftp-installing 1.1 but I keep getting an ftp err on the
> base/comps file. Which is weird because other machines on the same subnet
> can dload it just fine.

seems to be problems using http or ftp with ydl's servers. i always ended
up using the cd as it worked better. you need to talk to ydl about this as
its not specific to ANS

--
Scott R. Every - mailto:scott@emji.net
EMJ Internet - http://www.emji.net