Re: new kernel problems

Subject: Re: new kernel problems
From: Steve Bush (Steve.Bush@AUC.TRW.Com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 14:41:58 MST

Hollis,

Thanks, I'll download the RPMs and update. Can I get away with not
RPM'ing the source RPM?
It's kinda large...and would take hours to download over my modem.

kernel-2.2.17-0.6.1.ppc.rpm
kernel-doc-2.2.17-0.6.1.ppc.rpm
kernel-headers-2.2.17-0.6.1.ppc.rpm
kernel-pcmcia-cs-2.2.17-0.6.1.ppc.rpm
kernel-smp-2.2.17-0.6.1.ppc.rpm
kernel-utils-2.2.17-0.6.1.ppc.rpm

Thanks in advance,
Steve
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Steve Bush wrote:

> I tried the 2.2.17 kernel from the YDL web site, but, it wouldn't
allow
> me to mount hfs (Mac filesystems) or iso9660 CDs.
Hollis wrote:
You will need to install the modules to accompany your 2.2.17 kernel.
That's
very important. In other words, install the kernel rpm's in addition to
just
booting from the new kernel.

Also, in addition to general fixes there was an important security hole
in
kernels < 2.2.16. I would not recommend running 2.2.15pre.

-Hollis

--
Steve Bush