Re: Progress Report (Installing YDL 1.2.1 on dual-G4 SCSI)

Subject: Re: Progress Report (Installing YDL 1.2.1 on dual-G4 SCSI)
From: Joe Stewart (joerex@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 20:53:41 MST

Instead of downgrading your scsi performance and all that stuff, why don't
you just get an ata card and a cheap ata (ide) drive to install linux on?

FYI, *everything* works on my dual processor g4 except ethernet...and it did
right out of the box. The display issue was definitely due to your cinema
display.

Joe

on 11/8/00 7:20 PM, Stephen R. Anderson at sra@bloch.ling.yale.edu wrote:

> When I wrote last, I was getting nowhere trying to install YDL CS
> 1.2.1 on my new 500 MHz dual G4 (with internal SCSI). Since then, I've
> made progress....in the same way (to quote an old paper by Bert
> Dreyfuss) the first cave man to climb a tree "made significant
> progress toward getting to the moon." But maybe someone else can
> benefit.

<snip>