Re: kde2 :)'BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER' Fixing

Subject: Re: kde2 :)'BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER' Fixing
From: Patrick Ladam (pl@tintin.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 13:11:24 MST

Hi guys,
I have also had this bad message
"BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
Assertion 'needed != ((void *)0)' failed!"
when compiling a molecular modelling sotware.
This software was built upon Xfree 4.0 and Open_Motif. I finally could
compile this soft and get rid of this bad message doing the following:
1) Of course install both Xfree 4.0 and Open_Motif (2.1.30)
2) Add -lXp in the LDFLAGS of the makefile of the srpm. Actually
   Open_Motif requires this additional library linking but lesstif 0.89
   does not. This library is for printing issues.
So my guess the rpms or srpms you are using were built under these
conditions (xfree 4.0 + Open_Motif) so you will have to install these
, then add this -lXp stuff and recompile.
That should make your day, it did mine.

Bye

| Patrick LADAM | |
| Laboratoire CSSB | THE BIG BANG THEORY: |
| UFR SMBH | |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin | In the begining there was |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX | nothing at all. |
| e-mail: | |
| pl@tintin.smbh.univ-paris13.fr | Then, it exploded... |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85 | |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77 | |