Partition failures 8600-SCSI-BootX-fdisk

Subject: Partition failures 8600-SCSI-BootX-fdisk
From: Harry Montevideo (harrym@randb.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 14:47:49 MST

Using BootX and the CS 1.2.1 CD, I've tried several times with two separate
drives to create partitions to install yellowdog ( a 1.2G Quantum Fireball
Tm and 4.2G Seagate)

After trying to write the partition map, I keep getting the error message:

 "Reread of partition table failed (device or resource busy) Reboot your
system to insure partition table is updated."

If I reboot and "print" the partition table it displays correctly, (no Mac
HFS partion, (separate drive) a 64m swap and a 1.1G root) but I'm un able
to proceed with the installion procsess after selecting "done" . Error
message:

"An error occurred reading the partion table for the block device /tmp/sdb
The error was device not configured"

If I then choose the "skip drive" option I get the following errors:

"Segmentation fault

Install exited abnormally."

My only option is then to reboot the system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Harry Montevideo
Publisher
The Red and Black Publishing Company, Inc.
123 N. Jackson Street
Athens, GA 30601

Phone: 706-543-1791 ext: 221
FAX: 706-548-7251