Re: startx issues on pismo

Subject: Re: startx issues on pismo
From: Philip Good (phil@go2taichi.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 15:33:23 MST

What kernel and X version are you using? I've got Pismo 500 with 2.2.17pre20ben3 and XFree86 4.0. Make sure you point /etc/X11/X to /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 (I've also got /etc/X11/XF86Config pointed to /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86Config (don't know if this is necessary).

I can send you my XF86COnfig if you like. I wasn't able to get things working until I went to X4 and "found" this config.

Good luck
Phil