Linux Boot Floppy?

Subject: Linux Boot Floppy?
From: Robert Vogt IV (vogt@arborhost.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 08:50:09 MST

    To all,

    We have pseudo-dead Starmax 4200 which we would like to get going again
(the machine refuses to boot, since FWB's HDT screwed up the partition map
really badly). Since the MacOS insists upon mounting the drive, it freezes
early in the boot process. Thus, I would like to get my hands on a PowerPC
Linux boot disk (floppy) image. (Any form of PowerPC Linux is fine - YDL
preferred, of course.) However, I can't find any. Most of the
distributions (if not all) want a MacOS system folder... but I remember,
from working with MkLinux several years ago, that they used to use a boot
disk...

    Anyway - does anyone know how I might go about doing this? I can't burn
the YDL rescue CD because the Starmax 4200 does not have a bootable CD-ROM
drive.

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

                            Sincerely,

                            Robert Vogt IV