Re: kde2 :)'BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER' Fixing

Subject: Re: kde2 :)'BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER' Fixing
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 11:02:28 MST

Patrick Ladam wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I have also had this bad message
> "BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
> Assertion 'needed != ((void *)0)' failed!"
> when compiling a molecular modelling sotware.
> This software was built upon Xfree 4.0 and Open_Motif. I finally could
> compile this soft and get rid of this bad message doing the following:
> 1) Of course install both Xfree 4.0 and Open_Motif (2.1.30)
> 2) Add -lXp in the LDFLAGS of the makefile of the srpm. Actually
> Open_Motif requires this additional library linking but lesstif 0.89
> does not. This library is for printing issues.
> So my guess the rpms or srpms you are using were built under these
> conditions (xfree 4.0 + Open_Motif) so you will have to install these
> , then add this -lXp stuff and recompile.
> That should make your day, it did mine.
>
> Bye

> | Patrick LADAM | |
> | Laboratoire CSSB | THE BIG BANG THEORY: |
> | UFR SMBH | |
> | 74 rue Marcel Cachin | In the begining there was |
> | 93017 Bobigny CEDEX | nothing at all. |
> | e-mail: | |
> | pl@tintin.smbh.univ-paris13.fr | Then, it exploded... |
> | Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85 | |
> | Fax: 01 48 38 77 77 | |

That's very interesting! I'm one of the people who's had the
dl-version.c error with kde2, and I'm not using XFree 4 on this machine.
I'll have to give that a try. I am using openmotif now, and the trouble
did start about the same time openmotif was introduced into the compiled
rpms. Thanks for that.

--
"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception of