Re: Linux Boot Floppy?

Subject: Re: Linux Boot Floppy?
From: Robert Vogt IV (vogt@arborhost.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 11:03:51 MST

    Tommy,

> This is not wwxactly solving your problem but I had this problem before
> except with a pmac 8600. I had to disconnect the internal hd until after the
> system looked for drives at boot. I put in a second hd with a system
> installed from another machine, and botted of it, then reformated the
> internal drive.
    Thanks for the info. However, this might be a bit extreme... I figure
I can get the machine to boot into Linux, and I could then reformat the disk
using pdisk/fdisk...

    I have an external Syquest EzDrive (135MB) which I can use, if I REALLY
have to have the MacOS to boot Linux, but this is very non-ideal, and may
not work.

                            Sincerely,

                            Robert Vogt IV
                            CEO