Re: KDE 2.0 - Building qt-X11-2.1.1 (generic) qxml.cpp compile fails

Subject: Re: KDE 2.0 - Building qt-X11-2.1.1 (generic) qxml.cpp compile fails
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 06:04:13 MST

Neil Jolly wrote:

> Pat: I'd suggest trying Ians src rpms. These have already been tweaked
> for the ppc platform. I've been able to compile the qt rpms with no
> problems. They're at:
>
> http://www.msoe.edu/~geiseri/kde2/

Neil,

Thanks, I'm in the process of downloading ian's sources. I'd like to
compare them with the sources from KDE to learn what the differences are and
a bit about the changes needed to make things work on ppc vs 386. I suppose
the diff tool is the thing to use for this and that I'll have to figure out
how to apply it to two whole directory trees.

I'm thinking I would like to see three trees at once:
The original (generic) KDE sources
Ian's sources
The diffs
And then go exploring.

If you know an easy way to produce the diff tree, let me know. (In the
meantime I'll read up on diff maybe its in the manual.)

-Pat