um... afterstep help...

Subject: um... afterstep help...
From: Jonathan Bertsch (jonathan@osu.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 19:43:22 MST

Well I hate to keep asking a lot of questions, but I have another one...
I do however still need info on getting gtk going...

Anyway, since I removed gnome, sawfish and all that stuff I have decited
to stick with afterstep, which with help from Pauls powerbook site I am
able to get running on startup, however in afterstep there is a
problem... If I try and iconify a window the whole X server crashes... I
don't think thats at all normal... other than that afterstep is great,
small, powerfull, uses far less resources than gnome did(don't get me
wrong, gnome is a beuatiful desktop, but I need as much speed as I can get
with a laptop). Again any sugestions regarding gtk will be most greatfull
appreicated... a word of advice, unless you know well what your doing
don't install gnome and then blindly un-install it, cuz it will mess up
a lot of other stuff...

--
Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu