Re: gnome removal

Subject: Re: gnome removal
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 13:23:31 MST

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 04:14:43PM -0500, Jonathan Bertsch wrote:
>How complicated would it be to romove helix gnome, I want it entierly
>gone, but also I dont want to remove anything that I might need or would
>cause problems with other programs... I have found gnome to be too much of
>a hog on my resources, and takes up quite a bit of disk space as well...

Get a listing of all the helix gnome packages by running
`rpm -qa |grep helix`. Then start removing them one by one just to be
safe. If one of the packages is used by a program you often use you can
keep it or replace it with the CS 1.2.1 package by calling
`rpm -Uvh package-non-helix.rpm --oldpackage`. Or there might be better
instructions on helix's website on how to do it.

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com