Re: DHCP to Static IP

Subject: Re: DHCP to Static IP
From: Jeff Ross (jeffross@vcn.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 12:43:02 MST

I had to add the following to etc/rc.d/rc.local:

echo "Setting up eth1..."
/sbin/ifconfig eth1 <your.static.ip> broadcast <your.bcast.here> \
        netmask <your.netmask.here>
/sbin/route add default gw <your.gateway.here>

Hope that helps--after reading your message about forwarding x through the
firewall I FINALLY was able to myself!

Jeff Ross