Netscape 6 for YellowDog RPMS

Subject: Netscape 6 for YellowDog RPMS
From: jeramy b smith (jeramy@penguinppc.org)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 05:55:58 MST

I wish!

I am going to keep using Netscape 4.7x for a while. I loaded cs 1.2.1 on
my box the a few days ago and I hav been really impressed. The only
thing that did not impress me were the default bookmarks and personal
toolbar in Netscape. VA Linux solves this sort of thing through an
additional package that sets up their company specific stuff in the
netscape skel files. I have modified this package for use with YDL and
you can find it at http://penguinppc.org/~jeramy .

If you install the package and you don't see a difference, it is because
you still have your old .netscape dir in your home directory. Blast it
to the bit bucket and start netscape again. No more LinuxPPC spamming in
personal toolbar by default.

-jeramy