Re: Help for a first time user...

Subject: Re: Help for a first time user...
From: Peter M. Bagnall (pete@surfaceeffect.com)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 10:22:52 MST

>>use ssh... Telnet sends clear text passwords and the traffic is not
>>encrypted... so it is easy for a man in the middle to sniff your passwords
>>and/or takeover your telnet season
>
>I need more coffee... canīt even spell session right... *sorry*

Despite which you are absolutely correct! The way I've set my system up
I've switched telnet off on my external network but it's active on my
internal private network. Essentially since I haven't got round to
installing ssh.

BTW can anyone recommend an ssh client for MacOS and Windows?

Cheers

Pete

--
Peter M. Bagnall