scsi cdrw, how do I set this up?

Subject: scsi cdrw, how do I set this up?
From: Robert M (mayro@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 23:49:42 MST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Ok so I got a scsi cd burner instead of a usb figureing that it would be
easier to get working. Problem is that I can't figure this out. It
recognized by the kernel (yamaha CRW8424S) I figures that it should be a
matter of setting up a /dev entry but I cant't figure out what. The
how-to's I've looked at aren't very understandable. I now the info is
out there somewhere but I haven't found it. Can some one point me in a
good direction, or tell me how to do this.
thanks, robert m